Monday, March 28, 2016

The Bunny Lost

Weekly coffee selfie... new diningroom location!
It was a long day but I made it through.  Lonnie and I both came close to giving in when Sean came home with so, so much candy and was like a crack dealer trying to share it with us.  But we stood strong.   I kept thinking, "Well it's not like I am not going to have sugar at some point, why not on a holiday?"  and wondering if perhaps this torturing myself was just hollowing out a hole in my brain and I am eventually just going to go batshit crazy and EAT ALL THE THINGS to attempt to fill it up.  the funny thing is, at one point Lonnie said, "Just go ahead, pick like 4 pieces and keep it to that." 
  1. :::insert spoiled voice::: I don't WANT 4 stupid pieces.  I want 104.
  2. I couldn't even think of which 4 I would choose, honestly, none of them appealed to me-- which told me that it wasn't really the candy itself that I wanted, it was Veruca (that spoiled little girl!), being told no and throwing a tantrum.
  3. :::alert--this is the twisted one::: I spend a good part of the day bitching and pouting and threatening to eat the candy to Lonnie.  It wasn't til the evening when he caught on to my shenanigans, had had enough, and finally said, "Go ahead.  Eat whatever you want, but I am not going to." The wanting was instantly gone because I wasn't getting the negative attention from him anymore.
New Mantra:
IT'S NOT ABOUT THE FOOD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment