Sunday, March 27, 2016

You're KILLIN' ME, Bunny!

As I filled many little fake plastic eggs for my way-too-old-for-this children (one of which is 20), it was not lost on me that perhaps since I know that sugar is poison and really has no place in a healthy lifestyle, that I should not feed copious amounts of it to my kids on holidays.  Particularly since my son definitely has a penchant to overdo.  We recently stopped buying cereal after numerous warnings to him about the 1/4-1/2 cup of sugar we kept catching him adding to it.  I have no illusions that at 14 years old, I am going to convince him to not eat sugar all the time.  But I CAN control what he eats at home with us!

As I filled many little fake plastic eggs for my way-too-old-for-this children (one of which is 20), I had SEVERAL moments of weakness.  The first of which was at Target when I was going to get the kids Peeps for their baskets with the sole purpose of my getting to eat some.  The Peeps stayed in the cart for about 3 minutes and then went back on the shelf.  This shit is not easy.  My brain is a battlefield of;

"Maybe just a few pieces..."  
"Maybe we should just take the weekend off and start back on Monday...." 
"Wow, some of those m&ms in the microwave would be just perfect......" 

I did not give in to the spoiled little girl inside that wants what she wants when she wants it!!!  And I won't today either. 

And WHY not?  Because I FEEL GOOD DAMNIT and I want to KEEP feeling good!





No comments:

Post a Comment